Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have problems with my Electrolux washer dryer EWX14440W.

Customer Question

Customer: I have problems with my Electrolux washer dryer EWX14440W. The drier function works fine. on Selecting wash mode and hitting start button, the machine whirrs for a bit (say 4 to 10 seconds), sometimes sounds like water inflow started as well. But then it stops immediately after the 4 to 10 seconds of whirring to life. No error codes are displayed, and the door opens as if the washing completed with the double click sound. I have tried numerous times and with different wash modes / spin and temp settings, but always the same result. The only difference being the time it works (not more than 10 seconds at all).
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have problems with my Electrolux washer dryer EWX14440W. The drier function works fine. on Selecting wash mode and hitting start button, the machine whirrs for a bit (say 4 to 10 seconds), sometimes sounds like water inflow started as well. But then it stops immediately after the 4 to 10 seconds of whirring to life. No error codes are displayed, and the door opens as if the washing completed with the double click sound. I have tried numerous times and with different wash modes / spin and temp settings, but always the same result. The only difference being the time it works (not more than 10 seconds at all).
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The lack of any error codes or other activity (filling, washing, etc) leads me to believe the issue is with the electronic control. Turn the power off at the mains for a few hours to reset the electronics. Any change when power is restored?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had switched off the washing machine supply for a good 12hours, but there has been no change to the situation. Dryer still works, but washer does not.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

That is quite odd and sounds like the electronic control may be failing. Does the behavior stay the same on all wash cycles?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried most wash modes, the behaviour remains the same. Also for rinse and drain modes. The recent behaviour after the 12hr reboot is a bit different. I do not hear the initial sound of water flowing as before. Now the, machine stays on whirring for about 5 seconds and then switches off with the double click sound.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I suspect the main electronic may need to be replaced but have little service information available for that model. I am going to place your question back to the list in case another may have some input rather than recommend you replace an expensive controller on a hunch.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set the washer going on a spin cycle and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the error code will come up E??

Let me know what the code is.

Regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The machine started working normally again now. Nothing changed. There was no error codes earlier, it just stopped as soon as it started. Now it's working normally.
I would like to cancel my request for help now. Thanks anyway.