Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Siemens D12 52 has stopped spinning at the end of it's

Customer Question

My Siemens D12 52 has stopped spinning at the end of it's wash cycles or on spin cycle. At the end I get a F18 display. Is this an easy fix? Moved it between two rooms last week and it was fine before the move.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

F18 is a draining error code.

Were does the drain hose go to?

Is it under a sink next to the washer?

If so remove the hose and then remove the spigot it pushes on to and check there isn't a blanking cap in there and the end has been cut off.

If that's fine then in the bottom right corner is the filter. You need to check this and remove it and clear out any debris in there. But if the washer is full of water then you need to use the small drain hose you will see next to the filter.

Check all that and see what you find as F18 is a draining fault so if it was fine before you moved it then its possibley the installation of the drain hose to were it drains to or a blocked filter.

Check them and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The waste pipe is good, had to redo it after it leaked from the join on the first wash so I know there's no issue there. I've undone the seal at the bottom, quite a lot of water in it but the drum has emptied after a second spin cycle this morning. Had a bit of fluff in it but not much. Looks like this... Will try to run a wash and see what happens.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok that cloth that was in there will actually block the pump up.

So fingers crossed now this will be fine from there.

Let me know how your next wash go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cloth was just to soak up the puddle, is just the bit on my hand that was inside. Thank you, ***** ***** you know how it goes.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

I relised the towel was to mop the water up.

The fluff I ment was what was in your hand so im sure that will be fine.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open?

Did that cure it?

If you need anymore help then just get back to me.

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems to be draining and spinning although clothes have still been quite wet so have been doing extra spin cycles after each wash. The softener compartment has also filled with water but I haven't tried to investigate that yet, hoping its just got a bit of powder in it and blocked. Will have a look tomorrow.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear its draining again.

As to the spin this can be a number of things. Check the spin speed it turned up and also depends on the wash cycles you use it may be a slower spin.

As to the softner staying full of water then if it is water it will just be a blockage. Remove the drawer and remove the softner cover and give it a good clean out. Also make sure the tube in the softner section is clear as if this blocks up then it stops the water from draining out of the drawer.