Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My candy cdi102 dishwasher had just been turned on and I

Customer Question

My candy cdi102 dishwasher had just been turned on and I heard water pouring out... All over my kitchen floor about a cm deep. I turned it off and mopped up most of the water, but I have no idea what may have caused this to happen... And would like to know how I can drain the sitting water from it... If possible! Thank you daniel
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

To get the water out you need to open the door and then press and hold the program button for which ever cycle is lit up.

Keep it held in for several seconds till the light starts to flash and then close the door and it should drain the water out from there.

If this doesn't work then you need to open the door and remove the bottom basket and filters and scoop the water out from there to clear it.

As to the fault for it to flood like this and the dishwasher to be full of water then its sounds like its overfilling. For this you need to remove it and access the underneath and locate the pressure switch and check that.

But if it just getting rid of the water you want to do then do the above and that will clear it from there.

Regards