Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My name is ***** ***** I have a hotpoint WMD960 ultima got

Customer Question

hi My name is ***** ***** I have a hotpoint WMD960 ultima got fault F01
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: can I reset this or is it just broken
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Im afraid this isn't good news. F01 error code is a motor trica fault. Now nearly all the time this is the control board at the control board at the back that's the problem here.

What you need to do first is remove the back panel and there you will see the motor at the bottom of the drum. Check the wiring block is pushed in tight and theres no water leaking on to the wiring block.

If that's fine then the control board itself is the fault and will need to be replaced. Now the cheaper option on this is to get Hotpoint in as they do a fixed price repair for £110 all in. So they will replace the board and program it up with there laptop as the boards are sold blank so you wont be able to replace yourself anyway im afraid.

Once the fault is fixed then the error code will reset and clear as there is no reset you can do now as its picking up the fault in the washers.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info jus get back to me.

Regards