Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We're having problems with our CDA cw195 dishwasher. It's

Customer Question

HI we're having problems with our CDA cw195 dishwasher. It's not completing the full wash cycle. It starts beeping and the start light flashes 4 times between a pause. The tablet compartment is temperamental too, sometimes it opens but other times it doesn't. Is there anything we can do to fix it?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Four flashes indicates there is a problem with the draining of the appliance. First thing to do is pour a kettle full of boiling water into the base of the appliance with the filters out, leave for about three minutes and then do a pump out. Then start on the hottest program and tell me if that has cleared the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll give that a go but I'm not sure what a pump out is?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK this is the part of the cycle where the dishwasher pumps out the water, usually right at the start before it fills, after the wash program and during the rinses and finally at the end. This is a timed period of the program. What often happens is that grease and debris partially block the pipe enough to make it overun its allocated time and it then thinks there is a problem and generates an error code ie 4 flashes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried all of that but after just a few minutes it's beeping again with the same four flashes :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any further advice?