Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Beko Wm5140W washing machine has stopped working. I have

Customer Question

Customer: My Beko Wm5140W washing machine has stopped working. I have just replaced I have just replaced the motor brushes as they were worn down to nothing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Now when turned on, it starts to fill for approx 3 seconds then stops. Nothing else happens. No flashing lights, nothing drains etc. After a while it go's back to the 'Ready' light as if the cycle is complete.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there a way to enter test mode on this model?
There is a test mode tutorial on youtube for the WM5100W but not for my WM5140W machine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue is with the main electronic control, perhaps damaged by the worn brushes. Did it appear that there was heavy arcing around the motor brush area?