bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

My name is ***** *****. i have a problem with my CDA CW494

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****. i have a problem with my CDA CW494 dishwasher. it fills with water and drains, but does not actually wash the dishes.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it wil select all programs as normal, but when i press start, the machine fills with water and then does nothing for a while, until it begins to drain the water towards the end of the cycle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK after it has filled with water do you get a buzzing noise from underneath?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK it appears that you have either a seized or jammed circulating pump ~ you will need to remove the base of the appliance and check that some foreign body has not entered the pump chamber or that the pump is damaged.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is this a difficult job?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

Not too difficult but you will have to remove the appliance from its cavity in the fitted kitchen arrangement. You need to be able to get underneath the appliance to get at the pump.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are replacement pumps easy to get hold of?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

Yes readily available ~ they cost typically between £70-90. However, firstly check the existing one, it may just be something like a piece of bone or similar that is causing the problem.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, thank you. I will take a look on the weekend. Will I need any special tools?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

No just a couple of screwdrivers and some pliers should do.