Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My name is ***** *****, my zanussi zwg1120 is showing E21

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****, my zanussi zwg1120 is showing E21 error it will not drain and very noisy when spinning
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the machine stops at the spin wont drain for a few minutes and then says E21 when I press the on button again it drains very slowly and makes noise when spinning
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

E21 is and indication that the appliance is unable to pump the water out of the tub assembly, this may be due to -

a. A blocked pump filter

b. A faulty drain pum

c. Blocked drain pipe

d. Faulty main control board.

Check the first three and then come back to me, if you need further help to carry these out come back to me. - Ian

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know all that from the machine manual. The pump filter isnt blocked. The drain pipe isnt blocked. This is no help at all.