bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Bush fridge freezer freezer is not freezing adequately?

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

Is it actually switching off the motor during operation?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When do I switch off the motor and where is it sitated
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Situated
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am waiting for an answer
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK the compressor (motor) is located at the back of the appliance a big black thing in the base area, the motor is switched on and off by the thermostat.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How long should I switch the motor off for?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is the thermostat situated near the compressor
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK perhaps you could tell me what the actual problem is, the information request just states that it is no freezing adequately what do you mean, is the fridge temperatures OK but the freezer is too warm.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The freezer is freezing but the bacon is soft in the freezer
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

What is the temperature of the milk like?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Milk is fine the fridge is ok
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK I need you to get around the back and put your hand on the compressor and tell me if it is hot or just lukewarm. And can you let me have the model number too.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The compressor is icy cold. The fridgefrreezer is Bush BS FF 55136W the answers to your questions
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I have a solution please Simon Peries
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK one final question, where have you got the f/freezer located, is it in the kitchen, utility room or garage?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The garagge
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

OK this is your problem, the appliance is designed to work in an environment that is constantly between +16-30C. If you put it in an area below this, shall we say in an unheated garage then the temperature can get to a temperature that is below that at which the refrigerator operates. So what subsequently happens is that the fridge maintains the correct temperature but the freezer defrosts and starts to increases until it reaches that of the fridge. If you move the appliance into a warm heated area it will function perfectly. If you look at your user handbook it refers to this factor. Unfortunately this is not a product fault, it is just a location problem.

Would you therefore kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, if you need further information do come back to me. Thank You for using JA and have a good evening ~ Ian

Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

Would you kindly rate the advice given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, this allows me to shut down the job on the system. Many thanks.