Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Electrolux ewg14440w drain pump comes on at start of cycle

Customer Question

Electrolux ewg14440w drain pump comes on at start of cycle for 10 seconds then cycle stops. Any suggestions?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

If you put it on a rinse does it fill and continue as normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, same thing happens with every cycle I try, drain pump starts then it beeps at me and cycle finishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had the drain pump off and checked for blockages. Pump working fine and no blockages
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any thoughts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Anyone there?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set the washer going and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the error code will come up on the display E??

Let me know the code.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the late reply. The error code that comes up is E43.Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for that. E43 is a door lock fault here.

What you need to do is open the door and remove the plastic clamp around the door seal and then unlip it.

Then remove the 2 screws holding the door lock on and then pull it through the gap there.

Remove the plastic cover on the top of the lock to reveal the wiring and disconnect the wiring block.

Check this and see if theres any signs of burning on there. As for the E43 code this is mostly the wiring on the lock has burnt so you need to replace the lock and repair the wiring on there and this should cure the fault from there.

Check that and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back too me.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards