Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

PUSH AND HOLD the START button and while holding it, turn

Customer Question

Customer: PUSH AND HOLD the START button and while holding it, turn the Programs Selector knob to the position # ***** Delay Start LED (for Condenser Dryers) or the Acrylic/Synthetic LED (for Vented Dryers) becomes lighted and stays lit with FIXED light.RELEASE the START button, then PUSH AND RELEASE IT TWICE, within 2 seconds.The AUTO-TEST sequence is then automatically started.For 3 seconds, the Delay Start LED (Condenser Type) or the Acrylic/Synthetic LED(Vented Type) is lighted fixed.Buzzer beeps 2 times for Condenser Dryers and 1 time for the Vented ones.The display visualizes ---.Should any ERROR be present in the Memory, the machine displays the last ERROR that happened in time.ALL LEDs blink at 2 Hz for a number of times equivalent to the Error NumberCount the number of flashes and let me know how many.jusg this t tried doinRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/4qc8h-candy-grand-sensor-dryer-8kg-months-old-can-t.html#ixzz3xKRlIdTc just tried doing this and all lights now flash eight times
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: candy tumble dryer is not heating up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have now paid via paypal
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Im sorry I cannot make out what you have wrote out above.

What is the problem you are having?

Is it just not heating up?

Does the drum turn ok still?

Regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
drum turns fine, I have replaced the heating element, but still no heat.

Ok can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its a Candy GOC58f-80

Thanks for that. Im taking it what you wrote above you got the error code of 8 flashes from it?

If so then this error code is a thermal fuse fault.

This is either the thermal fuse itself, the wiring to the heater or the control board.

Now the thermal fuse is the thermostat on the heater, So if you have replace the heater then the thermal fuse will ne new as that comes part of the heater.

So check the wiring to the heater is fine and if that's all ok then im afraid you are left with a faulty control board on this im afraid.

Remove the control board and check for signs of burning on there and if so then it will need to be replaced.

But even if it looks ok it can still be faulty so if the heater and wiring is fine then the control board on there will need to be replaced im afraid to cure this fault.

Regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
any idea how much and where from?

Its around £63 and click the lick below for it.

Click here

Hi

I see the question is still open. Do you need anymore help on this?

If so then just get back to me.

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks