Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I cant get my dishwasher to start
, Its a neff

Customer Question

Customer: hi i cant get my dishwasher to start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its a neff s4456n3gb/42
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

When you say it doesn't start what is it actually doing?

Does it make any noises when you try and start it?

Regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I start it the minutes don't count down and it just makes a humming noise, it doesn't fill with water and the sprayers don't spin. I have checked and cleared the filter in the water connection, reset it and turned it off at the plug for a number of minutes.

Ok the noise it makes is it the pump running all the time? If your not sure then pore a jug of water in there and see if it drains it straight out.

If it does then this is the anti flood switch in the base is activated as water will have leaked in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a few towels for that part. Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then set it going and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its just a one off and it will be fine from there. But if it happens again then theres a leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure it.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Regards

Hi

I see the question is still open. Do you need anymore help on this?

If so then just get back to me.

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi daniel I did what you said and emptied the water out, it has then worked for a couple of washes and now it's tripped the flood switch again, so I guess there's a leak somewhere? I've checked underneath and I can see any water leaking from anywhere, where would you start in looking for a leak? Cheers

On these the most common parts that cause the leak is the wash motor.

Remove the right hand side panel and there you will see the motor in the bottom left corner.

Check for signs of water marks around this as you should see it if the motor is leaking and it will need to be replace there.

That's the most common part that causes the leak so see that and see what you find.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards