Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a whirlpool ADG957 which has broken door springs. The

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool ADG957 which has broken door springs. The machine works perfectly well apart from a horrendous graunching noise when the door is opened.
Can this be easily repaired?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Yes this can be repaired as it will be the plastic runners that's broken in there.

What you need to do if looking at fixing this yourself is pull the dishwasher out and remove both side panels.

From there at the bottom you will see a plastic bracket and a metal band that runs round it to a spring. What usually happens is the band snaps and the plastic runner breaks and this causes the fault you have. You need to replace both the band and the plastic runners on both sides and that will cure the fault there.

But if you are not able to do yourself then you can get an engineer in to do this as roughly you are looking at around the £80 mark for the repair as it can be repaired not a problem.

Regards