Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I reset a
, Sorry must have pressed the wrong

Customer Question

Customer: how do I reset a
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry must have pressed the wrong button , it is a smeg dw612ss dishwasher
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! A reset of the electronics may be done by simply turning off the power at the mains for at least 4 hours. However, if a fault is detected, it will not clear it until the cause of the fault is addressed, like water leaking into the base, a failed heater, etc. What exactly is the dishwasher doing? Can you double check the model number, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi KellyI have solved the problem , there was water in the base so the anti flood was shutting down the water to the machine . Further investigation found a leak at the seal in the alternative wash pump. New pump now ordered so I will fit on Tuesday and hopefully that is it sorted .
Thanks for responding
George
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, thank you for the update.