Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Im ***** ***** Spindler, I have a Bosch Exxcel 1600 Express

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Im ***** ***** Spindler, I have a Bosch Exxcel 1600 Express Washing Machine which did a wash cycle while I was busy but when I returned to the Machine, It had not drained and no spin. I turned the knob to Drain facility which worked for the excess water, but still wont spin and just makes noise. I have the relevant numbers if that helps
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just very soggy washing, will not spin on any rpm. it seems to have washed and rinsed but will not complete cycle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Im in no rush at the moment thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If the washer isn't spinning or the drum moving all then its more then likely worn carbon brushes in the motor.

What you need to do is remove the back panel of the washer and you will see the motor from there.

Remove this and at the back either side are the carbon brushes. Check them and see if they have worn. If they are only a few MM long then they have worn and will need to be replaced.

Then that should cure the fault from there.

Check them if you can and see what you find. As most of the time for this fault were the drum isn't turning its just worn carbon brushes.

Regards