bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Trying to replace a heating element in a Neff u1461 FD8202

Customer Question

Hi
trying to replace a heating element in a Neff u1461 FD8202 oven. Have bought a replacement element 00499003. My oven has three leads coming out of the back. Two leads are coloured red with double wires to the spade terminal, the other is a single blue lead. Please confirm the correct connections to the heating element
Regards
Tom
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

So should I assume you removed the wires without noting where they went?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yup , I know smiuck !!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any updates??
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

OK likely hood of getting a wiring diagram from Neff is next to zero. Do you have a multimeter or mains tester?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No nothing like that, so i guess I am stuck and will have to call in a Neff tech
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

You'll have to leave it with me for a while whilst I see if I can beg a diagram of someone.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do NOT want to pay an extra £13.00 to review this over the phone.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also am I committed to paying a monthly subscription fee? All I want to know is do you have the expertise to resolve my query
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What's happening, am I supposed to sit here until you decide to respond, or will you email me with your decision
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

I did not ask you to pay any extra money and obviously if you are a subscriber you wont anyway. On the second point do I have the expertise, probably not I've only been doing it for 30 years, but of course those years taught me no to take off anything without marking it down first. So lets come at it from another angle - you have no test equipment, no mains tester or multimeter. no means of saying whats live or not and you're in a hurry. Perhaps at this point it would be conducive for me to opt out and let someone else deal with your query. Rudeness can be a two way street.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fair point, but your system keeps asking me if I want to switch to a live phone call to discuss issues, but requires an additional fee of £13.00 which I believe is unreasonable. Which annoyed me considerably. So back to my problem, what is your advice?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

OK what we need is some means of establishing which wire does what, now this is a little of a balancing act, if you call out Neff there is a callout but if you buy a cheap multimeter it will cost you around £5 and between us we can then reconnect you up and you still get to keep the multimeter, What I dont want you to do is connect up the element incorrectly and blow up on of the facia pcbs, So firstly beg steal or borrow (or even buy) a test meter and come back to me when you have it to hand, I break for about an hour and a half at 1pm but then Im back.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

All we want is the ability to check for a mains voltage and if it has a continuity tester more the better.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I will try and get hold of one
Thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

OK heading off will be back on in about two hours.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

Have you managed to get hold of a meter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Called Neff engineer problem fixed,oven in use
No further assistance required. PLEASE remove my details from your data Base.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for letting me know.