Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have Smeg dishwasher. Model BVLV1RO-1 and it get's stuck

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, I have Smeg dishwasher. Model BVLV1RO-1 and it get's stuck trying to fill with water. Changed aquastop (as there's no other inlet valve, as I understand) no changes. Sometimes it get's threw and does the program, than get's stuck next time, when need to fill for rinse, or etc.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else should I say?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the Aquastop has been replaced and the water supply for the home is good, you likely have a faulty control module that is not energizing the valve to fill. Do you have a meter to test the voltage at the valve when it should be filling? Does it hum or buzz?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, yes, I have a meter. I'm not an expert with it. What would You like to do measure exactly? It tries to fill up and some sip of water comes in, and that it stops, like something preventing from filing. The strange thing is that sometimes if I keep it on try-beep=try=beep mode, it finally starts to fill up, and completes one cycle. Is there any kind of water level meter, which could show wrong readings. If it's control module, where it is, and how to test it? Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I understand, that I'm not the only one, who's asking questions, but if it takes one day to get an answer, I see no point of justanswer system. It's faster to get technician at home. Maybe we could schedule a time, when I will be near my dishwasher, and we will work very effectively, and solve the problem?