Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a CDA dishwasher that normally gives three beeps when

Customer Question

Hi I have a CDA dishwasher that normally gives three beeps when the programmes finished. Last night it was continually beeping, it looked like it was end of the programme as everything was clean and there was steam in the washer. The green light is flashing seven times befire pausing and starting again.
Hope you can help
Thank Jo
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

Hi Jo,

This is a flow meter failure and can be caused by one of the following but is generally caused by the flow meter which measures water in to the dishwasher being defective. In simple terms its a small water wheel that every time it rotates as water passes through it a counter counts the revolutions. Once the correct number of revolutions is reached the microprocessor lets the dishwasher proceed. A number of other things can cause the problem so best to check them first-

a Water is turned off

b. Water inlet hose is blocked or kinked

c. Water inlet valve is faulty or blocked

d. Flow meter or cable to the microprocessor is fault

e Main control board is faulty.

Check these first few out and come back to me. You could also check that the base is not full of water - by base I mean between the wash cavity and the floor, you will need to take the front kickplate off and shine a torch in to check.