Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

After 2 or 3 minutes on any programme the wash cycle stops

Customer Question

After 2 or 3 minutes on any programme the wash cycle stops and the flashing lights appear , I have unplugged and left for numerous minutes and the problem continues . Machine is a Hot point WDL540
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

When all the lights start to flash look at the row of lights on the far right going down which is the cycle phase lights.

Number the from the bottom upwards with 1 at the bottom which is the door lock light.

Let me know which of them lights are lit up when the rest are flashing.

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1 -door lock
3 -sunshine or drying symbol
4 -spin symbolAnd that's itOf course all on the bottom row flash constantly

Hi

Thanks for that.

This error code you have is F13 which is a dryer sensor fault.

If you have this fault coming up on the wash side then its possibley either the wiring to the dryer sensor, The sensor itself or the control board.

What you need to do is remove the top of the washer and there you will see the metal dryer chamber on the top.

Towards the front of this you will see the dryer sensor on the right hand side of the chamber. It will have a small 2 wire block going to it. Check that wiring block and check its pushed in tight and the wires are not broken.

If the wires are fine then you need to test the sensor. Using a multi meter test the resistance of it and it should be around 20K ohms. If faulty then it will need to be replaced.

But if the sensor and wiring is fine then the control board will be the fault here.

But to be honest with you most of the time its the wiring or the sensor itself at fault that causes this. As the electronics is picking up a break in the circuit so that's why its error coding out like this.

So check that if you are able to and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi so the 36.8 ohm on the dryer sensor . Does this mean I should replace the control board now ?

Hi

Sorry for the delay. I must have just turned laptop off last night when you replied back to me.

As to the reading you got was it 36.8K ohms rather then just 36.8 ohms. As I it was the K Ohms reading then that's fine

But if it was just 36.8 Ohms then no that's not correct and will need to be replaced here.

But if it was the Kohms reading and the wiring harness to the sensor is fine then yes this is going to be a faulty control board here im afraid which will need to be replaced and programmed up to cure this.

The cheaper way for this is to get Hotpoint in on there fixed price repair which is £110 all in as they will call out and replace the board and program it up with there laptop to fix this as this is cheaper then you getting the parts to do yourself.

Regards

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards