Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Creda cooker top oven and grill have both stopped working

Customer Question

Customer: Creda cooker top oven and grill have both stopped working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Top oven and grill are controlled separately , but BOTH have stopped working. The bottom oven is working fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: cannot wait right now, maybe come back later or tomorrow when I have more time
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the full model number please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model H251 EWH serial nr###-##-#### ***** Creda Collection Hallmark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This model has two ovens Problem is with the top oven, containing both a combined grill and upper oven heating element and a lower oven heating element. The top oven heating elements cut out when the door is opened, and the grill element cuts out when the door is shut, so that they cannot both be on at the same time. Both top oven and bottom oven heating elements ( but not the grill) can be controlled by a timer clock.
However, the clock does NOT seem to be the problem, because the bottom oven is working OK.
I don't think the elements have burnt out because both upper and lower elements have both stopped working.
It is a mystery to me what can have happened. Can you help? can you access a wiring diagram and see what might have cut out?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK I have the service manual on my system but for some reason it will not let me download it off the server. If you could give me an hour or so I will come back to you when I've sorted the problem out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will wait to hear from you. I will be away from the computer for ~ 2 to 3 hours from about 1/2/hrs time
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Thats fine as soon as I get the system running I'll come back to you.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK I have the wiring diagram at last, I'm afraid we didn't manage to sort out the server until gone midnight. I think if we do this in stages it might be best. Do you have a Multimeter to check the controls and wiring out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this. I do have a multimeter, but I will have to get back to you later when I have time to get into the wiring of the cooker. I have done this before but will need to recall how....
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK if you can let me have your email address replacing @ with (at) I can send you over the diagram and we can go through it together.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fine, it is william.hamiltonatwhich.net Thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Just back from work - you have a diagram in the mail

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for this diagram. I am not sure I completely understand the fine details of this circuit diagram. In particular I don’t see where the upper oven door switch comes in, which prevents both upper oven and grill elements being on at the same time. But I guess it is somewhere within the box labelled Top Oven Thermostat. In fact I think that must be where the problem is located, as this is the only element that I can see that seems to feed both grill and top oven elements. I guess the next thing will be to locate this “box” within the cooker actual wiring and test what is working and what not?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Well the door changeover switch from memory is inside the left hand side panel so you should be able to get and check that out or follow the wires back into the top and check it with your multimeter on continuity. Once you have that confirmed as working then its a case of following the wires from the mains connector block at the back through the various components until you find a break in continuity.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to do something else today and tomorrow, ( and we will have to live on the main oven in the meantime) but i think now I can see roughly where the problem must be - in the diagram - the issue will be to find that in the cooker itself. Thanks so far, more to come.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

No worries