Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an F:05 fault on my WMD962.
, It won't drain.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi i'm Pete and i have an F:05 fault on my WMD962.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It won't drain. I've manually emptied it and checked filter, no blockage. Put it on rinse and it worked fine. Ran a full wash and worked fine, then next wash same fault again. Drains quickly and again no debris in pump. Pump moves fine and pumps water out quickly when working.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

If this is intermitten like this and theres nothing stuck in the pump then its more then likely a faulty pump itself here. As pumps can play up like this were it works one minute and not the next.

But first check the waste hose. If it goes under a sink just check theres no blockage under there. But as you say when it works it drains out fast then that's not usually the cause, But worth checking just in case.

But if that's all ok then its looking like a faulty pump here which will need to be replaced and im sure that will cure the fault from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. I'll get an engineer out.
Just to clarify, am i going to get charged $18 for this??

Ok if you are handy at repairs yourself this is simple to replace as you lean it backwards and you can access the pump from under there.

As to the money side that's up to yourself if you want to rate the answer. I can only say what the problem is on this as that's my job so as you asked for the answer I have given it based on the fault you describe.

So you can either click the star ratings to rat the answer or email customer services and they can arrange the refund if that's what you want.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, i've had a local engineer round who's checked the machine with a diagnostic device and he's pinpointed the fault to the control module which he says needs replacing. He says the pump is fine. He's taken the machine to do the work.
I appreciate your answer but in this instance it isn't correct, and because of that i'm going to request a refund.
Thanks all the same.