Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My name is ***** ***** and my beko drcs68w tumble dryer is

Customer Question

Customer: hey my name is ***** ***** and my beko drcs68w tumble dryer is broken
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: there was a loud bang and now the tumble dryer still powers on but doesnt turn, the belt is intact and i have replaced the motor and the capacitor but it is still the same
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

When you set it going on a cycle does the heater still come and the pump run but just wont turn?

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it goes green like it is running but the drum doesnt turn
it doesnt get warm either i dont think
but i havent left it on that long after seeing that it wasnt turning
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have also replaced the main pcb board
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
any ideas?

When you replaced the control board did you take the board out from the plastic holder to see if theres signs of burning on there?

A fault ive seen a lot on these is the heater element shorts out and blows the control board. So if you replace just the control board only what happens is as soon as you turn it on it blows it again.

When this happens you need to replace the heater and control board at the same time.

To see if this is the fault remove the new control board and take it out from the plastic casing.

From there inspect it for signs or burning on there. If there is then the control board and heater will need to be replaced before plugging it back in.

Check that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks