Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Rob, I have an integrated zanussi dishwasher. It had flooded

Customer Question

Hi Rob, I have an integrated zanussi dishwasher. It had flooded and there was waterin the base. I have dried it out and checked the float is free and clicking. However now when I try to run a cycle it drains for about 1 min, seems to try and fill with water for a couple of minutes (I can here the water going in) but then it is stopping with a single beep (which I believe to be a fill problem).
Hope you can help.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It starter to rinse now and the 2 overflow tubes the lead into the base started to fill it with water. Maybe she some light to if there is a leak?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there is a leak in the water fill assembly that is allowing water to go where it should not be going. If you remove the appliance from the cabinet and remove the left side cover panel, do you see any issues with the fill assembly?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ZDT12011FA - I have taken the side off and there is no apparent leak in the full assembly. It is like the base is filling too much and it is coming through the bottom door seal
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the tub get that full if you open the door to inspect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it's that full it comes out of the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eventually the flood switch activates and it pumps the water from the tub.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So, either the valve is staying open because it is faulty or it is being told to stay open by the control, likely due to a faulty flow meter. Do you have a meter to test the valve to see if it is staying energized or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not to hand. It sounds like the control is more likely, sometimes it get 1 beep for a fill error and sometimes 3 for the flood
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It would be more likely the control PCB, I agree.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, u had to get zanussi out. It was not PCB or control board. It was a blocked pressure switch ( a known fault on this model) - they have a modification kit to stop it happening.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Odd that it recognized to actuate the flood cycle but glad you got it figured out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flood is activated on a separate circuit by a float in the bottom of the machine because the pressure switch didn't shut off the fill line....
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you