Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a problem with a Diplomat ADP 8322 dishwasher. It

Customer Question

Hello. I have a problem with a Diplomat ADP 8322 dishwasher. It starts the wash cycle OK but after one minute or so it make a few strange noises and then just makes a loud buzzing noise. The lights though on the control panel show no problems/fault messages and it would complete the cycle if left alone (but not clean the dishes).
Following other guidance on this site I've tried the hot water washing out 4 or 5 times but this hasn't helped, I was wondering if there was anything else I could try?
Thanks.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

If the dishwasher fills with water and then sits there buzzing until the end were it drains out and finishes then its going to be the wash motor.

As when a motor fails then you get this kind of fault were it just sis there buzzing as its the motor that's jammed so its unable to run.

Now this isn't a cheap fix. As a wash motor fitted is around the £170 mark so a very expensive repair and given its over 10 years old personally I would put the money towards a new dishwasher.

Sorry its not good news but from the fault you describe this is going to be a wash motor fault here.

If you need anymore info jut get back to me.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 months ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks