Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I got Indesit dishwaser (can't remember which model) that

Customer Question

Hi, I got Indesit dishwaser (can't remember which model) that doesn't run washing cycle. It start with filling water, little bit but not enough to cover both heaters and then it stops. Making noise and then thereafter heaters kicking off and strategy burning. Any advice? Cheers
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
start burning :)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The noise, I suspect, is the motor trying to start washing. Is the noise a humming/buzzing type sound? Did the dishwasher sit without being used for any extended period of time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Its defo buzzing sound. Keep buzzin for 10-15minutes and then heaters start burning. Dishwasher was used once a week and we used day before we noticed fault.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The wash motor is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any workaround to fix it or need to be replaced motor unit .
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the motor will need to be replaced. You can try manually accessing the motor and turning it by hand to free it up, though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've managed to free it up by hand. Dishwasher start normal cycle as it used too with spin and spray but gets stuck again after a while. So its defo new motor needed? My dishwasher is Indesit IDL 535S by the way. What's the best place to get parts. Cheers appreciate
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Nice work! I do believe the motor will need to be replaced. You can try putting some vegetable oil in the tub (olive oil, any type of cooking oil, about a pint) and running through a cycle. It may help keep it running or may not but is a simple try. The motor is available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,In which tub that oil goes. Sorry but I didn't get that. Cheers
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Just right in the tub where the dishes go. Pour a bit (no dishes) and run a full cycle. The oil will help yo lubricate the internal workings of the pump and seals.