Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an electrolux ewp1474tom. It has stopped when in

Customer Question

i have an electrolux ewp1474tom. It has stopped when in rinse also will not spin or dry empty error message E20
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

E20 is a drain error fault. This can be the drain pump is faulty or the filter is full of rubbish or the drain pipe is kinked or blocked. So draw the appliance forward, tip it slightly back, a couple of old towels down a washbowl under and remove the filter carefully, check that out for blockage. Once and if that is clear put the appliance on a pump out only and check that the pump is actually running. Once you have done those two come back to me. - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like faulty pump. I hear a noise as if it is trying to start. I am still under guarantee so off to the shop.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Before you do check that the filter is not blocked, if it is this is chargeable to the customer as its classed as customer error not manufacturing error.

Would you now kindly rate the information request by using the rating system at the top of the page. This lets me close the job down on the system. Thank You for using JA and have a great weekend - Ian