Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Bosch dishwasher isn't advancing to the drying cycle

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Does it heat the water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does I've cleaned the float switch as best I can it was pretty messy but moving ok
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Pump out the water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It pumps out at the start but just keeps running the wash cycle with water in the machine
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK to clarify, you put it on a wash it pumps out then fills up, heats the water and then stops at the end of the cycle with water still in the wash cabinet area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not quite it pumps out fills heats water runs cycle continuously til you open the door to stop it after a few hours it never stops washing/ rinsing. I have to open it then reset it to get it to drain and restart it
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK how do you feel about taking it to bits?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Depends how deep I need to go! Side panels I can handle much more I'm nervous but its 12 yrs old so if I can't fix it it gets junked anyhow so wtf
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK can you give me the two digit number that comes after the model number ie /37 this is lazer etched on the top of the stainless steel inner door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's /50
It's now just pumping all the time I think that's because I spilt a load of water in it cleaning out the float chamber?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Yes for sure get that mopped out and come back to me, I have to pick up my daughter from work in a moment so will come back to you as soon as I get back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It all looks pretty shot at so bit the bullet and bought a new one
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK thanks for the update, would you now kindly rate the advice given so that I can shut down the job on the system. Thank you for using JA and see you next time - Ian