Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I put liquid in my dishwasher now it does nothing doesn't

Customer Question

I put liquid in my dishwasher now it does nothing doesn't fill up and has now decided to not do a thing it's a lamona hja8631 and its inter graded!!! 😟
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put vinegar in it and it just drained it out and stops so it won't fill with water. I can't get it out easy as its intergrated
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

First thing to do is see if you have got water in the base of the appliance - not the wash area below that. this will mean that you will have to remove the kickstrip and shine a torch underneath.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their is a front panel, that I take it i have to remove but it is a specialist key?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

It will be a Torx 20 or Torx 15 you should be able to get it at any hardware store. Its the star shaped ones yes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have it now removing the panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
their is water in the bottom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do now??? Please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK first thing to do is switch the electric off to the appliance. Then carefully put an old towel in the front and dry out all the water in the base. This might take a number of goes. Once you have done this come back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have dry it the best I can their was only a little water in their?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do now please??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Power on - put it on a prewash and start it up see if she goes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It starts up and then stops!! Sounds like it's draining and when it should fill it goes quiet
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Is the water still on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

You still have water in the base then, there is a float that lifts if there is any water in the base. You either need to try and remove it all or you will have to take the appliance out of it cabinet and get at it from the sides.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay will try drying it again but it's hard to get in their with all the mechanical bits in their
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Another way is to use a set and dry vacuum cleaner and suck it out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay have tried it all again but still no luck 😣
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

In that case you will need to pull it out of its enclosure and get at it from the side, you need all the water out and also need to know that the float is sitting on the base metal rather than floating a little above it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have dried the bottom out their is a yellow tube not connected to anything should this be? The float is it polystyrene in the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You should have a photo below
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you see the images?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you see the picture I have sent??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas??
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Yes the yellow pipe should be connected to one side of the float chamber which is the polystyrene thing in the bottom on some there is also another pipe that connects at the other side. - I have to disappear for a couple of hours but will come back to you on my return.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no luck!!!! ☹️
I have dried it again connect both tubes and still doesn't fill up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their is no water in their what so ever and reconnected yellow tube and still not filling up????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK if you start the appliance on a prewash it should initially pump out and then start to fill. at the fill point does it fill or do you just get a humming noise? Have you got any flashing lights or error codes in the display area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no display panels and when it gets to the fill point it just goes silent!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have the temp choose and on off and cancel no where to display an error code?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK can you let me have the product code for this appliance, it should be on the side of the door and start with a 7 I can then get hold of the Service Manual from the Manufacturer and we can go through some more in depth checks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's model hja 8631
Lamona
96007
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - its a Beko made unit leave it with me for a couple of hours and I'll get hold of the manual.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thankyou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done the holding in and finding an error code and it doesn't show an error code. Then I put it on a test run and it instantly stops after draining and have again checked for water near the float and it is bone dry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The thing is crazying me now I have had another look at the underneath and check it but nothing looks out of place
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything more I can try??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be receive anymore information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

ok can you switch it on and tell me if you lift up the float with a screwdriver if it does anything. I have a feeling that the float switch has burnt out but you dont have any test equipment to test it do you?