Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Error code 24 comes up all the time on a bosch sms50e02gb/02

Customer Question

Error code 24 comes up all the time on a bosch sms50e02gb/02 dishwasher. Checked all the usual things ,replaced the pump. Would the Aquastop cause the same error code if its not working?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

OK if you put the appliance on a prewash do you hear the pump rotating before it starts to fill/or try to

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It empties the sump and there is a small delay then the error code comes up on the led
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Anymore answers?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ive asked the same question on this site about ten times and also paid as i went along and still no answer,is this a scam site or what or will anyone even see this message?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

Perhaps to clarify, the engineers get paid nothing until you rate our services on completion of the call. You have paid a deposit to JA which is fully refundable if you are not satisfied with the service. I am not sure to who you refer to the prior calls but it wasn't me. Like all things when you dont have face to face contact I have to rely upon the answers you give to follow a number of steps. E24 refers to a time out on emptying which quite often is the pump but can also be the main circulating pump, blocked pipes or even a faulty main control board. Too many variables such as loose cables or faulty wiring also fall in the mix. I think perhaps you should consider whether you want to go on or would you rather have a refund and perhaps also accept that most of the UK based engineers have a full time job and only do this when time and family life permits - certainly that is true of me