Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

, I have a Beko DVTC60W dryer - when turned on the

Customer Question

Customer: Tim
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Beko DVTC60W dryer - when turned on the heater comes on for about 10 seconds and turns off again. The Time remaining lights dont move from 40 to 1 minute, regardless of where the timer is set at. Not sure if its the control board or the heating element tripping out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

You are correct in thinking its the heater unit or the control board.

What you need to do is remove the buldge cover on the back to reveal the heater. On there you will see 2 thermostats. One is actually a thermostat and the other is an NTC sensor. You need to check the NTC sensor which is the top one from memory and that should give a reading in Kohms of roughly around 8000 Ohms. If its faulty then the heater unit will need to be replaced. It wont be the heater itself of the other thermostat as you say it does heat for a few seconds so they wont be the cause but it could be an out of range NTC sensor on the heater.

But if that's ok then the control board will be the fault here and will need to be replaced to cure this.

So check the heater out at the back if you have a meter and you will see which it is then.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open.

Do you still need more help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I have ordered a new heater element, however the supplier has sent the wrong one. So it will probably be next weekend when I get chance to fit the replacement and hopefully get back to using the machine.Cheers
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries that's fine.

I take it it as the heater you found at fault was it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so - I couldn't fathom the voltmeter and after disconnecting the sensors on the heater element the machine ran, finished the programme and turned itself off, so I went for the heater element being the culprit, will see next weekend.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok fingers crossed that's it then.