Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Can u advise hot point ff 175 freezer working but fridge

Customer Question

Hi can u advise hot point ff 175 b freezer working but fridge warm,
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

This is usually down to the fan in the back panel of the freezer being blocked with ice.

What you need to do is empty the freezer and from there remove the back panel inside the freezer.

Once the screws are out you need to disconnect the wiring for the fan motor.

Now you need to pore hot water into the fan chamber and melt the ice. Then remove the fan from the chamber ad fully clear out the ice from there.

Then just check theres no ice n the evaporator unit as well.

Then refit the fan and the back panel and retry it and im sure that will cure the fault here.

This is a very common fault on these fridge freezers as I see it a lot.

Try that and see how it goes an let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The visible fan in freezer is working fine are u saying there is another between the outlet in fridge and outlet in freezer
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No that's the fan I ment.

Look at the bottom of the evaporator in the back of the freezer and in the bottom right of this is a vent hole. Check as from the picture it looks like that is blocked with ice.

If it is then clear the ice from there as that's the other vent into the fridge as it has 2 vents and both have to be clear.

Check that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never saw that :) gd shout, what a bad design, as ice falls over the vent as it melts... now there is not one piece of ice in freezer... no cold air coming through to fridge though? Been plugged in for 15mins
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok now its all clear refit the panels and then turn it back on and give it a few hours.

As its got to start fresh now so it will take a while before you start to feel the cooling in there. You wont feel any after just 15 mins it will take a while.

Check again in a few hours and im sure you will find this will be fine now.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how the fridge has got on over the last 24 hours?

Has it seemed to work again?

Regards