bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Our Bosch dishwasher has started playing up. At the end of

Customer Question

Customer: Our Bosch dishwasher has started playing up. At the end of any cycle it gets stuck on "1" (minute to finish), and if you press OFF and ON again, it goes to about 30 minutes and repeats half the cycle. At the end of the cycle the dishes are clean but very wet, and it's as if the drying cycle hasn't happened. The model is sgs66a02gb-17. Any ideas about repairing it, or has its brain died?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Our Bosch dishwasher has started playing up. At the end of any cycle it gets stuck on "1" (minute to finish), and if you press OFF and ON again, it goes to about 30 minutes and repeats half the cycle. At the end of the cycle the dishes are clean but very wet, and it's as if the drying cycle hasn't happened. The model is sgs66a02gb-17. Any ideas about repairing it, or has its brain died
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK. But I am in the UK, and about to go to bed.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello? After the page about paying the deposit (£3, which I did) I put in my contact details, but the response was that that email address had been used before. Of course it had! I have signed in now. Can you answer the question, please? I'll repeat it: Our Bosch dishwasher has started playing up. At the end of any cycle it gets stuck on "1" (minute to finish), and if you press OFF and ON again, it goes to about 30 minutes and repeats half the cycle. At the end of the cycle the dishes are clean but very wet, and it's as if the drying cycle hasn't happened. The model is sgs66a02gb-17. Any ideas about repairing it, or has its brain died?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The main control PCB has likely a burnt relay solder connection for the heater. Are you able to access the back of the control for inspection, looking for an issue like the one shown in the attached picture?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wonderful - thanks for this speedy diagnosis, and I'll investigate. Silly question to begin though: where is the PCB situated, and how do I access it? I can't even see immediately how to remove the top.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry about that. To and sides are now off, so I can see inside the machine from both sides. Where is the main control PCB?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also removed the front, and the control panel at the top, but see that the main control PCB is not here, so I will put it back together. But I am left with this small piece - photo attached - which fell out when I took the large metal front panel off. Can you [please tell me what it is and where it goes?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here's the photo.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please ignore the last bit about the mystery part - I have seen where it goes, opposite the identical one on the other side. Will be glad to hear from you where the main control PCB is. Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello. Any reply, please?
William
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I have had doctor appointments most of the day. The control module is in the the door at the top, shown at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It seems I came through to you by mistake (I am in the UK). I am now in touch with a colleague in England.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.

Oh lord I've likely pee'd off Kelly now as he has come back on the question lol