Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Bosch Exxcel Maxx Performance Fridge KGV31420GB

Customer Question

Customer: Hello there. I have a Bosch Exxcel Maxx Performance Fridge KGV31420GB something happened just now and hoping I can fix it myself with your help please?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, the fridge freezer has been working fine but I opened the fridge earlier and the light was off. Something had been resting on the light so I thought it might be that. The motor was still going so assumed it has to be the light. Anyway I turned it on and off with the button to the far right. The light came back on but now the motor is off and it won;t come back on. I can't imagine what I have done it but have freezer and fridge full of newly bought food... Aaaaarghhhhh
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am in the Uk, I was thinking you were UK based?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue sounds to be related to the door switch circuit. If the controller "sees" that the door is open, it will not run the fan and will turn the light off in a default mode after a preset time period. Look at the wiring at the door hinge that connects the door to the cabinet and also the plunger that works the door switch. Does anything seem obviously wrong?