Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool inbuilt fridge freezer A853976215051

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I have a Whirlpool inbuilt fridge freezer A853976215051 which is no longer cooling or freezing. My food has wasted and though there is a light on there is no refrigeration whatsoever? How can I replace or fix?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Can you hear the compressor at the back running at all?

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No the compressor is not running. However thank you for your response I have decided to order a new fridge.

Ok no worries, If you do want to carry on with this then just get back to me.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks you
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The issue is likely to be with the compressor relay. Usually, you can hear the overload clicking when the relay fails. If you decide to pursue repair, it may be pretty inexpensive and you could recoup some of your money spent on the new one by repairing and selling this one!