Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Oven stopped working after self cleaning. Door would not

Customer Question

Oven stopped working after self cleaning. Door would not open. Only lights showing are two horizontal lines for the burner controls. The burner controls beep when you touch them. No other responses when trying to use. I checked the thermometer and it shows the correct ohms. Suggestions? It's a model EW30EF65GSH 30 inch free standing wave touch range with a smaller lower oven.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the heat from the self clean has damaged the electronics. The -- you see in the display is not a valid error code so the control is having some kind of problem. I would turn the breaker off for 8 hours to allow a full reset and if it does not come back on, replace the Surface Unit Control.