Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens sd1 1xt1s which won't operate

Customer Question

Hi I have a Siemens sd1 1xt1s which won't operate
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

What is it actually doing wrong for you?

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The motor buzzes away but no cycle will engage
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just can't get it to start

Ok is it the drain pump that's running and is it running all the time even if you open the door?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, no water at all. Just a buzzing in background but won't start anything and also I can't seem to change options on which cycle to use
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Maybe that noise is the drain pump?

Ok try this and see what happens.

Open the door and pore a jug full of water in there and see if it drains it out straight away. Then we will know if its the pump that's running.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Water went down immediately

Thanks for that, So this is the drain pump which is running all time. When this happens its down to water has leaked into the base under there and has activated the flood switch which keeps the pump running all the time and wont allow you to start a new cycle

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back as this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for that part.

Then stand it up right and this will then reset the flood switch and stop the pump running all the time.

Then retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed this is a one off overfill that caused it and this should be fine from there. But if it happens again then im afraid theres a water leak under there which you need to find and fix to cure this fault.

So try the above first and see how it goes as that will clear the fault from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks so much

Your very welcome, If you need anymore info just get back to me.