Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am ***** *****. I have an 8 year old Bosch dishwasher. It

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, I am ***** *****. I have an 8 year old Bosch dishwasher. It had a problem with water at the base. Cleared that. Then found the left plastic part was punctured, fixed that as well. But now the display will come on just for a fraction and then going blank. One cannot change the program. But funny enough the test cycle still seemed to work, with the display on. So there is no problem with water, heating, pump, display, electricity. Seems possibly stuck in some odd program. I did play around with those disgnostic controls once, not knowing what they were and how to get out.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just did. Are you a robot?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I will pay 18$ if I get an answer that works out
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just in case you need the model: SGV58MOEU/10
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The tech sheet is attached. Can you retrieve any error codes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kelly, All fault codes were E0. I ran the service test programme twice until step 11, without any problem or error code. I have also meanwhile disassembled most of the dish washer and checked both electronic boards for anything odd, nothing to be seen. Looked pristine. The mashine appears seriously confused, potentially working but no longer willing to practice it...
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I suspect the machine control module will need to be replaced.