Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My initials are SDG. I am looking help on repairing on my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi , my initials are SDG. I am looking for some help on repairing on my AEG over door assembly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a twin oven (upper and lower) . This is a relatively old model. 3210BU (white) The outer panel of the lower door has come loose. I was wondering if you have a technician on your site who could guide me with finding the right spares.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am fine with the money. But, I just want to know what sort of response I could expect. I am happy to post pictures if needed
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is the fault the bottom of the door glass has come away from the door?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The out covering glass has come off from the inner door. The glass is intact however. Should I post some pictures?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Its ok I know what will have happen as I see it a lot on these.

What you need to do is open the main oven door a little.

On the top you will see a screw either side.

Hold the handle and remove both screws and then you can lift the door glass out from there.

Now you will see there should ne 2 plastic brackets sealed to the door glass in the bottom corner. They will have come away.

You need to get some high temperature sealent and reseal the brackets back onto the glass in the correct place.

Leave it a few hours to dry.

Once dry you can then locate the brackets into the bottom of the door frame and refit the glass back to the top and refit the screws.

Once the door is off you will see how the brackets go. But it has to be high temperature seleant you use on the door glass otherwise it will come off again sooner rather then later.

Try the above and that should cure it from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I have the brackets. I will buy some sealant and get them attached. Could you please help me with finding a replacement to the damaged upper part of the outer panel? I guess this is where I would screw the outer to the inner. However, as you can see from the picture , the place for inserting a screw has got torn off.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if the upper part of the glass is damaged then this part only comes as a complete outer glass. If you need this as well then it also comes with the brackets attached all ready so theres no point in fixing them to the glass as it comes complete.

Click here for the door glass for your oven

Not a cheap part im afraid but if the upper bracket is damaged and has to be replaced then its a complete outer door glass, Sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Daniel. Please allow me some time to get back to you.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries that's fine.