Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Hoover washing machine and I'm getting a E03 error

Customer Question

We have a Hoover washing machine and I'm getting a E03 error (an E16 has also popped up). This error occurs roughly at the same time in each cycle (11 mins into a 15 min cycle for example).
The pump and drainage system is clear. I have replaced the pump but the error still occurs at the same time. We've just moved into a new place and the drainage system is a little different; the drainage pipe runs at a fairly constant ~30 degree angle uphill to the sink drain. If I run into a bucket it clears water quickly but the pump keeps running and errors at the same point.
Can you suggest something to try? I'd like to avoid replacing the washing machine if possible.
Thanks,
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

For this fault the wash heater at the back will be the fault. It will be shorting to earth so its messing the electronics up and creating the E03 and E16 error code.

Ive see this fault quite a lot and its nearly always the wash heater at fault. Remove the back panel and you will see the heater in the back of the drum towards the bottom. Replace this and that will cure the fault you have here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards