Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My beko 1532 w has stopped working. It finished a cycle and

Customer Question

Hi my beko 1532 w has stopped working. It finished a cycle and I noticed pots were still a bit grub so put it back on. Started a new cycle and it activates the drain as I can hear the water getting sucked out but then it just hums like it should be working but nothing happens. None of he jets are spinning and no water is going in.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Does the pump stop running and then is this when you hear the humming noise?

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's correct

Ok if you are hearing a humming noise and its not filling then this is the water valve asking for water but its not getting any.

The first thing to check is the water supply is turned on to the dishwasher.

If that's fine then pull it out and check the fill hose isn't kinked at the back.

Again if that's fine then you need to remove the top panel and the left hand side panel of the dishwasher.

From there look at the bottom left corner and you will see the water valve. On there is a hose going to the flow sensor. Have a look at that hose as this can actually kink up in there. If it has then remove it and cut a bit of the end off and try and straighten it.

Refit the hose and retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed that's sorted it.

As for the fault you describe its usually one of the above as its asking for water but isn't getting any.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just done that and the water supply going in is clear, the hose you described on the inside left panel is not kinked in anyway

Ok with the panels off set it going and when its humming feel the water hose at the back were it screws onto the dishwasher and see if you can feel it vibrating.

If so then look at the plastic filling tank and do you see any water at all going through that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's filling now so will see if the cycle starts
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
could see the water

Ok see if the wash motor kicks in once its filled up. If it doesn't and you hear the humming noise again then its the wash motor that's humming.

remove the water from inside and lie it on its back and remove the metal base.

There you will see the motor. Remove the hose there and check for debris in there blocking it up.

Make sure its all clear and refit the hose and see how it goes.

But if there wasn't anything stuck in there then its possibley the motor itself at fault which will need to be replaced to cure this.

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
To be fair it's a very clean machine and every filter was spotless we got it 2013 so I would suspect as you said the motor has gone.

Its more then likely the motor but sometime worth checking just in case as sometimes glass can get in there, Quite rare but can happen

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi again,
I haven't taken the bottom off as tied up this evening but I did tip it up slightly and lots of water came out. Is it possible the flood sensor is activating because somehow water is leaking into the bottom plate?

It could be possible its that. But normally when that's activated it just keeps the pump running all the time without stopping and wont fill up at all with water.

But as the water is out set it going again and just see what happens from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks very much, will try to sort it when I get time over the weekend and check the pumps and motor etc for blockages and leaks underneath.
Thanks

No worries, Just get back to me if you need anymore info.