Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My indesit iwme126 washing machine has stopped working, it

Customer Question

My indesit iwme126 washing machine has stopped working, it starts the cycle but then stop after a minute or so and lights flash, is there a way to re set it
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

When it stops which lights are flashing?

If you number the row of lights on the top row from left to right with 1 on the left which number lights are flashing?

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi I have turned it off and on several times and all the lights 1 - 4 have flashed at each go, I just tried it again and water went into machine for about 30 seconds and then it stopped now light 2 and 3 are flashing, the soiled clothing light and the iron light, plus the red lock light is flashing.Thanks

Thanks for that.

Them lights you have flashing is error code F06 which is a door lock fault.

What you need to do is unplug the washer and open the door.

From there you need to remove the metal clamp from around the outside of the door seal and then unlip it.

Then remove the screws holding the door lock and then pull it through the port hole.

From there check the wiring block. As most of the time for this fault you will find the wiring has burnt out. If so then you need to replace the door lock and retag each wire separate to the lock and this will cure the fault from there.

If the wiring is fine then you will still need to replace the door lock and that should cure it.

So check that and see what you find as for this fault most of the time its the door lock at fault that causes this fault you have here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards