Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My dishwasher Bosch S9J1B SGV53E03GB/74 FD8702 Stopped in

Customer Question

My dishwasher Bosch S9J1B
SGV53E03GB/74
FD8702
Stopped in mid-cycle leaving water in the bottom.
Now no lights on anything comes on at all.
Fuse and supply are OK power is getting to the ON/OFF button.
All attempts to reset (holding power button down or 2 reset buttons) have no effect.
Any suggestions?
Geoff (retired engineer)
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Is the on/off switch switching over and sending the power to the control board?

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the on/off switch is working Power is going out, but don't know where to check on the control board.
Geoff

Ok that's fine if the switch is switching over then that's fine. The power usually goes to the control board so as the switch is working but nothing is coming up on the control board then its going to be the control board itself at fault.

I have replaced quite a few of them in the past for this fault so its not uncommon for them to fail, Try and remove the board and open the casing and see if theres any signs of burning on there. But if nothing is coming on and the power supply and switch is fine then its going to be the control board itself at fault and when they fail its a case of replacing the complete board on this im afraid.

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Phone is *********** please call
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have had the control board out a while ago, very awkward to get out, but no signs of overheating or damage on the board.
Are there any other sensors or switches to restrict power to this board?
Geoff

Im afraid theres no sensors or switches on these dishwashers as the power comes in to the on/off switch then across to the board and that should then light up.

As the power is fine and the switch as well then that's all whats left in the circuit is the control board im afraid.

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK any idea of part no., price and where to get one?
Geoff

The part number is ***** and the best place to get it will be direct from Bosch themselves as its a bit cheaper from them then the online sites.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
New Control board arrived this morning, fitted it, coded it, and switched on to a rinse cycle.
Bang! like a fuse blowing somewhere, now there is just a sight humming and all the LEDs flash rather faintly.
There is obviously something else wrong which seems to have blown up the control board again.
I have now spent too much time and money on repairing, I am now going to buy a new dishwasher.
Thank you for your help
Best regards
Geoff

Sorry to hear it didn't work. There will be a direct short in there causing this then.

Best option here then if you have this kind of fault as it can sometimes be hard to find what causes when this happens.

Regards