Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Zanussi z57/3 says it's too warm but compressor not kicking

Customer Question

Customer: zanussi z57/3 says it's too warm but compressor not kicking in whatever I do with thermo dial. I've also switched off and on again after 5 mins.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was loading the fridge up. It was fine before. But now not cooling. It happened once before and came on eventually but I need it on now - it has all xmas food!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone is 07956 136385
How long do i need to wait?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If the compressor isn't kicking in at all then its either the thermostat or the compressor itself at fault.

To find the fault you need to remove the top of the fridge and from there you will see the thermostat.

It will have a few wires on there. Locate tags 3 and 4 and with a multi meter test between them tags. If you don't get a reading on there then the thermostat is the fault and will need to be replaced.

But if the thermostat tests fine then the compressor itself at the back will be the fault.

Check them if you can and see what you find as it will be one of them. Most of the time its the thermostat so see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Daniel but before you responded I emailed just answer to say it had come back on by itself and I no longer needed assistance.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries that's fine. Fingers crossed it will be fine.

But if it goes off again then just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry you didn't get my message before answering. Do they refund?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can get a refund. Just DON'T rate the answer and email customer services from your home page and they will sort that for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. Sorry you weren't notified. Have a great xmas!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries that's fine. Have a merry Christmas yourself.