Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Have a BDW1660 with an E4 error code. Mopped up and reset,

Customer Question

Have a BDW1660 with an E4 error code. Mopped up and reset, but still happens. Taken sides off and can see water pouring out from the clear plastic part on the left hand side of the machine when the wash water is being drained and pumped out. Other than this it appears to complete the wash cycle. Any suggestions. Thanks K
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

E4 error code is a water leak in the base. So the part you see leaking is the part that will need to be replaced.

Is it the plastic tank that's leaking on the left hand side of the dishwasher?

Is it only leaking when its draining the water out?

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
on the left hand side and yes only leaking when draining.
Water escapes from a square hole at the bottom of the clear plastic part.

Ok if its leaking from the plastic tank then it will need to be replaced. But this is a very expensive part. The tank itself is £110 pat only so not a cheap fix im afraid.

If you wanted it fixing then im the part will need to be replaced to cure it, But that's if its worth it as its an older model this so sometimes the older models may not be worth fixing but that's up to yourself here.

I see the question is still open. Do you still need help on this?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.

Please do not forget!

Thank you