Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Miele oven h2541 Display shows pyrolitic interrupted and all

Customer Question

Customer: miele oven h2541 Display shows pyrolitic interrupted and all controls useless
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: power failure when pyrolitic cycle was on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If power went out while cleaning, the thermal fuse has likely opened due to heat building up when the fan was not running. Turn the main power off to the appliance for at least 4 hours to reset. Any change when power is restored?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
turning power off for a long period has no effect. The controls ar all locked out
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where is the hermal fuse in this oven
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The thermal fuse is usually located on the back of the appliance or near the back of the controls. Can you please double check that model number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the model no is H4640 BP-KAT.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The limiter is on the back of the oven. It will need to be pulled out of the cabinet and the rear access panel removed. See the attached page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i cannot see anything like this in this oven
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Do you have the oven pulled out of the cabinet and the rear access panel removed? Can you post a picture of what you see, please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do i post picture
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Use the paper clip icon above the text box.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry for delay hope jpg attached
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Perfect, thank you! Are there any hidden wires on the boxed part in the attached picture?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
none
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I am not sure then, that is pretty odd. I am going to place your question back to the list for others to see. Perhaps another has some idea.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all 220 volt wires appear to be going to elements ,fan and motor for rotissierie. there are 3 (i assume thermostats) located at the top beside the top element . None of these are open circuit.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
do you have a circuit diagram for this oven