Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have an INDESIT dishwasher which keeps stopping and

Customer Question

we have an INDESIT dishwasher which keeps stopping and coming up with fault code 'AO3' can you tell me what this means and how do i fix the problem
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ukodel is ide 750 uk.2
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

A03 error code is a thermistor (temperature sensor) fault.

If you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need to pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove the bottom base cover.

Then you need to locate the thermistor probe. Its clipped into the sump unit and will have 2 wires attached to it. Check this is still in place and hasn't fallen out as this can happen. If its still in place then you need a multi meter and test it for resistance. Its usually around 20K ohms. If faulty then you need to replace it.

But if the thermistor is fine then the control board in there will be the fault and will need to be replaced and programed up to cure this im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards