Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do you reset the EFO error code in a washing machine

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, how do you reset the EFO error code in a ***** ***** washing machine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes I think it was triggered by over soaping, all normal filters are clear. pump is running continuously and machine wont switch off even when turned to 0. EFO code relates to the trigger for the anti-flooding system
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

If you have EF0 then this error code means water has leaked into the base. This will be down to the over soaping.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it 45 degs backwards as this will allow the water in the base to drain out and this will reset the flood switch in the base and clear the EF0 error code from there.

Then retry it and fingers crossed that's sorted it from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards