Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The Check Water light on my Bosch Exxcel SD13G1B comes on

Customer Question

Hi, the Check Water light on my Bosch Exxcel SD13G1B comes on about half way through the cycle and the timer sticks there, with about 45mins left to go. Filter on the water supply hose at back of machine is fine. I took the side panel off. The large tank on left with numbers 1-5 is full of gunge at the top left, the section above pipes 1 and 2. Is this likely to be causing the problem? If so, how do I remove this section to clean it?
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a photo of the left hand side of my dishwasher
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The blockage is definitely an issue. You may be able to clean it out but that assembly does not come apart. Once it is removed from the tub, you can put hot water in it and swish it around but not much beyond that. All of the hose connections at the bottom will have to be removed then unlatch at the top for removal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Kelly. Do I drain the water out before removing it? If so, how do I do this?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will come out when you remove the hoses, there really is no other way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'm having trouble removing the three hoses. Do you have any advice?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you please post the complete E number from the tag on the door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SRS45E38GB/13
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The hoses with no clamps and just a rubber O ring inside are just pressure fist and will pull out. The others may have a retaining ring like the attached picture shows.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done, thanks. Will leave it soaking overnight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't mean to attach the image
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Awesome, great job!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, cleaned and refitted the tank but the Check Water light is still on. Is there anything else you would recommend I try? Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The tech sheet is attached. Can you retrieve the error codes per the instructions, at which time it should reset the control, too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wash cycles 00 to 04 code E3, wash cycle 05 code E0, wash cycles 6-7 code E3.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To clarify, what happened when I refitted the tank earlier today: ran a Quick 30 min cycle. Seemed to run well but stuck at 1 min left, so I reset it. Have tried running machine again but seems no water going in.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you hear the water inlet valve humming or buzzing? Sounds like the valve may be faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an intermittent clicking as well as the continuous sound of the motor/pump
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Where is the clicking coming from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's hard to tell exactly but somewhere around the back left hand side
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you have going on. I will place your question back to the list for others to see. Perhaps another has run into this before.