Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The Check Water light on my Bosch Exxcel SD13G1B comes on

Customer Question

Hi, the Check Water light on my Bosch Exxcel SD13G1B comes on about half way through the cycle and the timer sticks there, with about 45mins left to go. Filter on the water supply hose at back of machine is fine. I took the side panel off. The large tank on left with numbers 1-5 is full of gunge at the top left, the section above pipes 1 and 2. Is this likely to be causing the problem? If so, how do I remove this section to clean it?
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here is a photo of the left hand side of my dishwasher
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The blockage is definitely an issue. You may be able to clean it out but that assembly does not come apart. Once it is removed from the tub, you can put hot water in it and swish it around but not much beyond that. All of the hose connections at the bottom will have to be removed then unlatch at the top for removal.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Kelly. Do I drain the water out before removing it? If so, how do I do this?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

It will come out when you remove the hoses, there really is no other way.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. I'm having trouble removing the three hoses. Do you have any advice?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Can you please post the complete E number from the tag on the door?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
SRS45E38GB/13
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The hoses with no clamps and just a rubber O ring inside are just pressure fist and will pull out. The others may have a retaining ring like the attached picture shows.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Done, thanks. Will leave it soaking overnight.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Didn't mean to attach the image
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Awesome, great job!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, cleaned and refitted the tank but the Check Water light is still on. Is there anything else you would recommend I try? Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The tech sheet is attached. Can you retrieve the error codes per the instructions, at which time it should reset the control, too.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wash cycles 00 to 04 code E3, wash cycle 05 code E0, wash cycles 6-7 code E3.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
To clarify, what happened when I refitted the tank earlier today: ran a Quick 30 min cycle. Seemed to run well but stuck at 1 min left, so I reset it. Have tried running machine again but seems no water going in.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Can you hear the water inlet valve humming or buzzing? Sounds like the valve may be faulty.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is an intermittent clicking as well as the continuous sound of the motor/pump
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Where is the clicking coming from?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's hard to tell exactly but somewhere around the back left hand side
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I am not sure what you have going on. I will place your question back to the list for others to see. Perhaps another has run into this before.