Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our dishwasher has started flashing and beeping on the

Customer Question

Hello there, our dishwasher has started flashing and beeping on the symbol showing 4 plates. Makes noises like it gonna fire up then does nothing
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currys essentials CDA CID60B10
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok the noise it makes is it the drain pump running all the time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not sure what it is. To be honest last time we used it was fine and now its now even adding water to the cycle. It makes around 20 beeps and then it 'mumbles' for a bit before stopping altogether.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok im afraid I don't have any service info on these Currys machines as they don't give it out.

I will opt out of the question and if another expert knows these dishwasher they will jump in.

Regards

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue is with the wash motor. After it fills, does the motor start washing or is the noise you hear like a humming or buzzing sound, followed by a rather heavy click and then the flashing light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Kelly, the 3 plate symbol comes on as soon as the machine is turned on. It then beeps 20 times whilst continuously flashing. Changing the wash cycle is not an option and when I close the door it makes thr noise that it used to when starting. Continues for 30 seconds or so and then stops. No water is coming into the washer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the lower access panel from below the door to see if there is water in the base of the machine, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, below the door there is no access panel. The bottom of the dishwasher is dry.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It may need a side panel removed then. Or did you get access to the bottom area where the motor is?