Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My diplomat dishwasher won't fill. It beeps and flashes 6

Customer Question

My diplomat dishwasher won't fill. It beeps and flashes 6 times. If I fill if manually it empties and flashes 7 times
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.

Hi

6 flashes is a filling fault the same as 7 as when you manually fill the pressure switch picks up the water has entered the dishwasher but the flow sensor as picked up the water passing through it so that's why it errors out with the 7 flashes.

What you need to do for this if its not filling at all then I assume you have checked the water feed to it.

Remove the outer door panel and there you will see the wiring in the loom. Open the plastic holder and check each wire one at a time for breaks. Give them a tug and see if any have broken as they do like to break in there.

If the wires are fine then you need to pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove the base cover.

From there you will see the water valve at the back. You will need a multi meter and test the coil on there and see if that's faulty. It should read about 3.6K ohms. If faulty then you need to replace the water valve and that should cure it.

Try that and see what you find and let me know as if its still not working we can take it further.

Regards